Make yoga inspired mobility your friend
Whether you are at work or at home, there is always time in your day to make yoga inspired mobility your friend.
Enable your mobility anytime, anywhere and with anyone by implementing these short poses or entire flows.
Benefits of yoga inspired mobility
1. Improved movement ability is the most obvious benefit of yoga inspired mobility. Mobility is your friend and any gentle, progressive mobility that fits into your daily activities will enable you to live a more pain free life. By utilising mobility inspired yoga daily you will notice a gradual improvement in your overall mobility whilst normal aches and pains will begin to recede.
2. Muscular strength is an essential component of your posture, both statically and dynamically. Repetitive performance of yoga inspired mobility will build strength into your poses that is directly transferable to your daily postures, whether you are sitting, standing, walking or running. Additional strength will enable resilience against conditions like arthritis and back pain, whilst preventing falls in people with reduced balance.
3. Each time you practice yoga inspired mobility you move your joints through their full available range of motion. This naturally squeezes areas of cartilage in and around your joints. This cartilage is like a sponge - it can only absorb fresh nutrients when it is regularly squeezed out. This is equally true of your spinal disks. The shock absorbers between the vertebrae crave movement. That's the only way they receive their nutrients.
4. Yoga inspired mobility enables you to relax and focus on the present. This shifts the balance from the sympathetic nervous system (or the fight-or-flight response) to the parasympathetic nervous system, becoming more calming and restorative. In turn this reduces passive muscular tension around the joints, reducing stress and brightening your mood. Restorative mobility provides downtime for the nervous system and better sleep.
5. Performing yoga inspired mobility improves your mind-body connection and gives you a better awareness of your own body. It enables you to make small, subtle movements to improve your alignment within postures, putting you in better touch with your physical being. Over time it will lead you to accept your body as it is without judgment. This leads to feeling more comfortable in your own body, boosting your self-confidence.